Characterization of Polymers and Biopolymers Using Size Exclusion Chromatography GPC/SEC/GFC [TR-17E] – NEW
The main goal is to provide participants with an extensive overview about the characterization of macromolecules with liquid chromatography including possible hyphenation techniques.
Laboratory managers, laboratory personnel and scientific staff, knowledge of instrumental analysis would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- What are the peculiarities involved in the characterization of macromolecules?
- Introduction and basics of GPC/SEC/GFC : Separation mechanism, Experimental aspects with some useful applications.
- How to choose the right column? Method development.
- Detection techniques, from concentration to light-scattering detection (molar mass-sensitive detection) and triple detection.
- Calibration of GPC / SEC / GFC systems.
- Strategies toward the characterization of complex products by means of copolymer analysis and/or branching analysis, 2-dimensional separations and new detection techniques, e.g. Mass spectrometry.
- Application examples from protein analysis, pharmaceutical/medical engineering, product approval (REACH and others) and chemical industry (R&D and QC).
Interactive lectures with participants, discussion of some application-related examples.
|Datum||12.09.2018 09:00 - 12.09.2018 17:00|
|Einzelpreis||Individual members CHF 560.00, Non-members CHF 700.00, Students/PhD/retired CHF 300.00|
|Referent||Dr. Haitham Barqawi, Analytical Polymer Chemist, PSS Polymer Standards Service|
|Ort||DAS-Kurse Olten (Angestellte Schweiz), Olten|
Sekretariat Weiterbildung SCG/DAS | ℅ Eawag | Überlandstrasse 133 | CH-8600 Dübendorf
+41 (0)58 765 52 00 | email@example.com